The Manage Your Fleet screen is used to retire vehicles from service, freeing up additional subscriptions. This screen is also used to 'unretire' vehicles (that is, to bring them back into service), including OEM vehicles with built-in telematics hardware, and to swap subscriptions between vehicles.
Important considerations for operators of Ford, GM, and Iveco vehicles:
If you swap hardware from one vehicle to another, the donor vehicle is retired (no longer licensed) and no longer reports details to the fleet tracking software. Historical GPS data is not deleted, however. If you do not swap the hardware but instead retire the vehicle, the hardware is instead shelved with its current license. The hardware can then be installed and used on another vehicle.
Retiring vehicles or swapping subscriptions does not affect your billing as all subscriptions remain active, even when not used. To stop billing, or to change your subscription, a cancellation request is required. The contact details of your support team are shown on the Overview tab.Retiring Vehicles and Swapping Subscriptions
To retire a vehicle making its license available to swap to a new vehicle, or to swap a vehicle's current license with another vehicle, use the following procedure.
Note that AEMP vehicles and OEM vehicles with pre-paid subscriptions cannot swap to aftermarket hardware units or to other OEM vehicles.
- Click the Manage Your Fleet tab, or click the Manage Your Fleet link on the Vehicles & Services section of the Overview tab. The Manage Your Fleet tab opens.
- Locate the vehicle you want to swap a license from, or retire, in the lower vehicle grid. To sort vehicles click any column header, or enter the vehicle details such as its name, model, or VIN into the Filter field.
- Click the Retire / Swap link to the right of the vehicle. The Retire / Swap Vehicle dialog box opens.
- To retire the vehicle, freeing its license to be assigned at a later time to a different vehicle, click the Retire Vehicle button. The vehicle is retired immediately, and the Retire / Swap link beside the vehicle name in the grid is replaced with an Un-retire link. You can use this link to quickly un-retire (reactivate) the vehicle in the future. The retirement process is complete and you do not need to complete the following steps.
- To swap the license from the selected vehicle to a different vehicle, click the Swap Vehicle button. The Swap Vehicle screen opens.
- OEM vehicles with pre-paid subscriptions cannot be swapped.
- Enter the details of the vehicle that you are swapping the installed hardware to, in the text fields to the right of the Swap Vehicle screen.
- Name: The vehicle's name or tag.
- Driver: The name of the vehicle's driver.
- Install Type: The hardware install type being used (for example Xirgo or Hino).
- VIN: The vehicle's unique 17-character Vehicle Identification Number, or chassis number. If the VIN is identified as being OEM, you will not need to select any hardware to be installed, and the table at the bottom of the screen is disabled. If the VIN is identified as being OEM and you would like to link it to aftermarket hardware instead, simply remove the VIN. This re-enables the table at the bottom of the screen. You can add the VIN later, once the vehicle is in your fleet.
- Registration: The license plate details of the vehicle.
- Make: The manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Model: The model of vehicle.
- Year: The year of manufacture of the vehicle.
The hardware used by the vehicle you are swapping the license from is selected by default in the lower hardware grid, and does not need to be changed. However, if you wish to swap the vehicle's subscription, and also use new hardware with it, you can select new hardware from the hardware grid at this point. For information about how the 'Status' of a device is determined, see here.
- Click the Swap Vehicle button. The old vehicle is retired, and the new vehicle is added to your Fleet account and linked to the selected hardware or OEM. This process might take some time.