This article describes how to add subscriptions for OEM (original equipment manufacturer) vehicles, such as Ford vehicles, to your account so that you can track information about them in Fleet. If you want to add subscriptions for AEMP (association of equipment management professionals) assets, see Adding AEMP Assets to Your Account.
Vehicles can be tracked by installing aftermarket hardware, or by connecting to the built-in telematics hardware installed by the OEM. The Connect Vehicles screen allows you to purchase additional subscriptions for a vehicle that has built-in telematics hardware (and is one of the Verizon Connect integrated OEM partners). This screen should be used only when you need to add additional subscriptions. As part of this process you accept the contract and payment terms and then, once complete, your subscription increases by the number of valid VINs you have entered.
This process can be used only for OEM vehicles. If you require support with aftermarket hardware, contact our support team.
To add a new OEM vehicle:
- On the My Account screen, click the Connect Vehicles tab, or click the Connect Vehicles button in the right part of the screen. The Connect New Vehicles and Services screen opens.
- Click Connect Vehicles to purchase additional OEM subscriptions. The Connect Vehicles Wizard opens at step one of five.
- Type the 17-character VINs (vehicle identification numbers) of the vehicles you want to add to your account into the top text field. Enter one VIN per line. Alternatively, if you have created a CSV file that contains VINs, click Choose File, then locate and select the VIN CSV file. Note that VINs for vehicles that have already been added in the past, and that have not been removed, are rejected and can't be added.
- Click Next. Your VINs are uploaded, and the wizard moves to step two.
- The Add Vehicles screen opens, and displays the details of the vehicles you want to add, including their names, VINs, makes, models and years, the details of the services that are being requested, and the total price of adding the vehicles. These details might take a moment to be displayed as the VINs are processed.
The Name field for each vehicle is populated automatically using the formatting "Veh [VIN]" (for example "Veh 1G1RF6E58DX187953"). Click the Edit icon to the left of a vehicle name or VIN to edit either. To remove a vehicle from the list, click the Delete icon to the left of the vehicle's VIN. If there is a problem, for example if the vehicle does not have OEM hardware, or the VIN already exists in an account or is not valid, an error message is shown below the VIN in red text informing you of the problem and the steps you can take. If you have entered any valid VINs, the Next button is enabled. You can continue without removing the invalid VINs, however they will not be carried forward to the next step.
If you entered a VIN belonging to a GM vehicle, you need to enter your GM FAN code so that the order can be processed. Click here to learn more about GM OEM vehicles.
The grid columns shown on this page are:
The vehicle's unique 17-character Vehicle Identification Number, or chassis number
The vehicle's name or tag
The type of OEM hardware available in the vehicle, for example, "OnStar" (GM)
The vehicle's year of manufacture
The vehicle make and model
The platform product level the vehicle will be provided with. For example, "Essential". This defaults to the product level for your account.
Only applies if the OEM offers a prepaid service. The number of months of prepaid service the customer paid their dealer for, or which the vehicle came with.
- Click Next if your actions can be completed using the wizard (if the Next button is not available, you might need to remove one or more vehicles, or contact your representative by telephone or email to complete your order). The wizard moves to step four, and the Checkout page is shown.
Confirm that your details are correct, read the terms and conditions, and check the boxes to confirm that you agree. If your account is configured for bill-by-invoice or prepaid, the requested services that are billable are added to your normal invoice. Otherwise, enter your credit card details in the fields provided.
- Click Next to process the order. Once the order and payment have been verified, the Confirmation page opens. Click Finish to return to the first step of the wizard. Click the Orders tab to see the order you just placed. It has an initial ticket status of "In-progress". To check the progress of individual vehicles in the order, click the order number row.
For more information about OEM vehicle support in Fleet, see OEM Vehicle Support in Fleet, and for troubleshooting information see General OEM Troubleshooting. For specific information about the manufacturers we support, see our Ford, GM, FCA, Hino, Volvo, and Navistar OEM information pages.
Please sign in to leave a comment.