By default, normal and overtime driver pay rates are specified by territory and then automatically applied to every driver within those territories (that is, drivers that are based at markers assigned to each individual territory).
However, if needed, the territory default normal and overtime pay rates for individual drivers can be manually overridden from the Edit Driver dialog. You can choose to override only one pay rate, leaving the other to use the territory default value, or both pay rates.
Follow these steps to specify a new normal or overtime pay rate for a driver, overriding their territory default settings:
- From the Main section of the navigation bar choose Drivers.
- Click on the driver's name. The Edit Driver dialog box opens.
- Select the Shift tab.
- In the Driver Pay section, select the Override Territory Default check box. This checkbox is only available if the driver is currently assigned to a marker in a territory. An informational message indicating when this is not the case is shown at the bottom of the Driver Pay section if the checkbox is disabled. To correct this, assign the driver's base marker to a territory from the Markers screen, or from the Hierarchy.
- Type a new normal pay rate value into the 'Normal rate' field, if required.
- Type a new overtime pay rate into the 'Overtime rate' field, if required.
- Click Save. In future, the cost of routes using this driver will be calculated using their new pay rate values. The pay rates specified for all of your drivers can also be viewed from the Drivers screen, under the 'Normal Pay Rate' and 'Overtime Pay Rate' columns.