Routes can, if you have the correct account configuration, be grouped in the Daily Routes List search list by their drivers, or the day they are assigned to. This feature becomes available when your account includes the multi-day route picker, which is used to view jobs and routes on up to seven consecutive days rather than the default of a single day.
When the multi-day feature is enabled on your account, the calendar control accessed from the upper left corner of the Jobs List displays three extra buttons. These buttons are used to pick a single day, a week consisting of seven consecutive days from a specified start date, or a custom selection of between one and seven days:
- To select a single day from the calendar tool click the Day button and then click a date on the calendar. The calendar closes immediately and the Jobs List and the Daily Routes List update to reflect your selection.
- To select a week from the calendar tool, click the Week button and then click the first day of the seven day period on the calendar. The calendar closes immediately and the Jobs List and the Daily Routes List update to reflect your selection.
- To choose a custom range from the calendar tool, click the Custom button and then click the first day of your range. Next, click the last day of the required date range, up to seven days following the start date of the range. The calendar closes immediately and the Jobs List and the Daily Routes List update to reflect your selection.
When the Week or Custom buttons are used, the first day of the date range is shown on the calendar tool as a dark blue square, and any additional days of the selected range (the six following days in the example above) are shown in light blue.
After a date type and range are selected, the calendar field updates to reflect the new date range using the following formatting:
Day: [Number of days to the selected day] [Day of week, Date]. For example '5 Days' time Monday, Jun 26th'.
Week: [Number of days to the selected first day] [Day of week, Date] - [Day of week, Date]. For example '5 Days' time Monday, Jun 26th - Sunday, Jul 2nd'. The range of dates is always seven days.
Custom: [Number of days to the selected first day] [Day of week, Date] - [Day of week, Date]. For example '5 Days' time Monday, Jun 26th - Tuesday, Jun 27th'. The range of dates varies between one and seven days.
In addition to the calendar tool above the Jobs List changing, this feature also adds a menu button to the upper left corner of the Daily Routes List. This replaces the default route count text. When clicked, this menu opens and shows three options: Routes, Routes by Driver and Routes by Date:
When Routes is selected, the Daily Routes List retains the default view described previously. When the Routes by Driver or the Routes by Date options is selected, the layout of the Daily Routes List changes and individual routes are no longer shown by default; instead individual routes are nested within separate expanding sections. Each driver or day within the chosen calendar period assigned at least one route within your chosen date range is given their own separate section:
Each of these closed sections shows the following information for one driver or day's routes, regardless of whether the section is closed or expanded, along its top bar:
- The driver's name and the number of routes assigned to them over the date range you specified.
- The duration of the driver's routes, in hours and minutes.
- The distance of the driver's routes, in the default distance units you have configured for your account (miles or kilometers).
- The cost of the driver's routes, in dollars.
- The weight of the goods carried by the driver's vehicles for these routes, in the account's specified weight units.
- The volume of the goods carried by the driver's vehicles for these routes, in the account's specified volume units.
- The total weight utilization of the goods carried on the driver's routes, in percent.
- The total volume utilization of the goods carried on the driver's routes, in percent.
- The total number of jobs on this driver's routes.
- The total number of warnings generated for this driver's routes.
You can quickly draw all of the routes assigned to a driver or a day on the map by clicking on the driver's or weekday's initials, shown within a green circle to the left of the section:
Click a section to expand it to view the individual routes assigned to the driver or day, and double-click any individual route in the grid list to open it in the detailed information view. The behavior and interactivity of these nested grids is the same as that of the default single-day Routes List grid view; the only difference being that only routes for one driver or day are shown.