Hidden form elements are not visible in driver forms within WorkPlan. They are used to automatically and silently collect data from WorkPlan without requiring the driver to enter any values: for example, the exact time and location where a form was completed, or details about the driver, vehicle or job.
To create hidden form elements within a driver form:
- From the Tasks menu, select Form Templates.
- Select a form from the list or click Create .
- Click Add Form Element for each form element you want to add. Select a form element type from the drop-down box. For hidden form elements select "Hidden".
- Enter a Name and an optional Text Value for the hidden form element. The text value is the default value to use if the field is not populated with a value using the steps detailed below.
- Click Advanced, then select the Prepopulate tab.
- Select a Data Source and a corresponding Data Source Field. See Pre-Populating Form Templates for more information about the types of data you can choose from.
- Click Save in the lower right corner of the screen.
To view the hidden form elements with their associated values in a submitted driver form you must export the form in CSV format. To do this:
- From the Tasks section of the navigation bar choose Driver Forms.
- Select the check box next to the form you want to view.
- From the Form Template drop-down select the appropriate form template.
- In the toolbar click Export.
- Select the CSV export format, then click Export.