The Route Overview dialog box summarizes the key details of a selected route in a single, convenient location. From this overview you can see information about a route's location, date and time, assigned driver and vehicle, duration and physical length, its job locations and statuses, route status, warnings, and history.
If the route has not yet been completed, you can also use the Route Overview to edit the route, delete it, or resequence it. You can also generate route cards from the overview. It also shows the position (stop number) of the jobs in the selected route, and allows you to view or edit job details by clicking their names.
By default, the Route Overview dialog box can be opened by right-clicking a route in the Daily Routes List and selecting Route Overview from the contextual menu that opens. The dialog box can also be configured to open immediately when the name of a route is clicked from this list, if specified on the Dispatch Preferences dialog box. Doing so replaces the default click action of opening the Edit Route dialog box.
To open the Route Overview dialog box for a specific route:
- Use the date control in the upper left corner of the Jobs List panel to select the date of the route to view. You can also change day using the left and right arrows to move ahead or back one day at a time:
If the route list is long, use the search control to search for routes with a particular name, vehicle or driver.
- Type the name, or part of the name, of a route, vehicle or a driver. Filtering of the list is performed as you type.
- Click the Clear button to clear the contents of the filter control.
The Route Overview dialog box displays the following information:
- Route Name and Summary: The name of the route, its unique external Route ID if any, driver, vehicle, the number of jobs in the route, its duration in hours and minutes, estimated driving distance, and start date.
- Map View: The location of the jobs on the route presented in a standard map view, with the turn-by-turn directions required to drive between them. The order of jobs on the route is indicated by a number.
- Route Details: The driver and vehicle assigned to the route, the assigned driver's shift details (start time and date, normal shift duration, and maximum shift duration), and whether same-side routing is enabled or disabled.
- Job Details: The individual jobs in this route, in their assigned order, and their current statuses ("Assigned", "En Route", "On Site", "Completed", or "Unassigned"). Click an individual job name to view or edit its details.
- Route Status: The current status of the route ("Complete", "In Progress", "Not Complete", or "Not Started"), its planned start and end times if not yet started or not complete, and actual start and end times if in progress or completed.
- History: The historical changes made to the route following its creation, together with the date and time each of these changes was made. Changes tracked include the route being created, updated, deleted, or its status changing.
- Warnings: The warnings, if any, associated with this route.
Use the Edit , Delete , Resequence , and Create route cards buttons in the upper right corner of the dialog box to either open the dialog box associated with these tasks, or to perform the task directly. See Editing Routes, Deleting Routes, Resequencing Routes, and Creating Route Cards for more information.