This feature is option-controlled, and only available in suitably configured Verizon Connect® Dispatch™ accounts. Contact your Verizon Connect representative for more information, or to purchase a subscription.
Route cards are PDF documents that can be printed and distributed to your drivers. They describe a route in detail, listing the stops drivers need to make and, optionally, including a map that shows the entire route or each step it contains.
To create route cards for a route that has been built:
- Use the date control in the upper left corner of the Jobs List panel to select the date of the routes you want to create a route card for. You can also change day using the left and right arrows to move ahead or back one day at a time:
If the route list is long, use the search filter to search for routes with a particular name, vehicle or driver.
- Type the name, or part of the name, of a route, vehicle or a driver. Filtering of the list is be performed as you type.
- Click the Clear button to clear the contents of the filter control.
- Press the Create Route Cards button to create route cards for all routes visible in the Daily Routes panel, or build for individual routes by selecting the checkbox beside individual routes (this button is only enabled if you have selected a territory from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the screen, above the map).
- If you select individual routes, the card creation process begins as soon as the Create Route Cards button is pressed.
- If you do not select individual routes (no checkbox selected), the Create Route Cards dialog box opens. Click the Yes button to build route cards for all routes listed on the panel, or click the No button to cancel.
- When the route card generation process completes, the Export Completed dialog box opens.
- Click the Download Route Cards link to save the PDF route card files to your computer. Each PDF uses the name of the route's assigned driver for its file name. The route cards are downloaded in a compressed (zip) format archive. When decompressed, open the route cards with PDF viewer.