The Job Overview dialog box summarizes the key details of a selected job in a single, convenient location. From this overview you can see information about a job's location, priority, time on site, time window settings, requirements, loads, custom properties, status and route assignment, history and notes.
If the job has not yet been completed, you can also use the Job Overview to edit the job, delete it, assign it to a route automatically, or unassign it from its currently assigned route. If the job has been assigned to a route, the Job Overview shows the position (stop number) of the job in the route, and adds controls that allow you to move between the previous or subsequent jobs in the route using simple left and right arrows, to view their individual locations and details.
By default, the Job Overview dialog box can be opened by right-clicking a job in the Jobs List and selecting Job Overview from the contextual menu that opens. The dialog box can also be configured to open immediately when the name of a job is clicked on the Jobs List, if specified on the Dispatch Preferences dialog box. Doing so replaces the default click action of opening the Edit Job dialog box.
To open the Job Overview dialog box for a specific job:
- Use the date control in the upper left corner of the Jobs List panel to select the date of the job to view. You can also change day using the left and right arrows to move ahead or back one day at a time:
If the list of jobs is long, use the search control or the status filter to show only jobs of a particular status. Click the control beside Jobs:, and then choose a status from the menu. Filter options include:
- All: Show jobs of any status type.
- Assigned: Show only jobs assigned to a route on the selected day.
- Unassigned (+/- 7 days): Show only jobs not assigned to a route on any of the seven upcoming days, on the currently selected day, or on any of the previous seven days.
- Unassigned (Current Day): Show only jobs not assigned to a route scheduled for the currently selected day.
- Jobs on Selected Routes: Show only jobs assigned to routes selected in the Daily Routes List.
- Selected Jobs: Show only jobs selected on the map, the Daily Routes list, or the Jobs list.
- Jobs on Drawn Routes: Show only jobs assigned to routes that are currently visible on the map.
- Right-click the name of the job you want to view in the Jobs List, and then select Job Overview from the contextual menu that opens. If the job has already been assigned to a route, you can also perform this action by hovering over a job icon in the Daily Routes grid or on the Route Timeline and then right-clicking to open the job menu and selecting Job Overview. If configured to allow immediate opening (using the Open Overview dialog when clicking Job or Route name check box on the Dispatch Preferences dialog box), the Job Overview dialog box can also be opened by clicking the name of the job. The Job Overview dialog box opens:
The Job Overview dialog box displays the following information:
- Job Name and ID: The name and ID of the job. If the job is assigned to a route, the position of this job in the route is shown to the left of the job name and ID, together with left and right arrow buttons that allow you to move between the other jobs on the route. As you move up and down the jobs assigned to the route, the map and overview screen update to center on the selected job, and to display their details.
- Job Address: The full street address at which the job occurs
- Job Location: The location of the job, as represented by a pin icon at a geographic location on a map. Use the zoom controls in the bottom right corner of the map to zoom in and out, or your mouse scroll-wheel, and drag the map with your mouse to pan it.
- Job ID: The unique external ID of this job
- Job Code: The code of this job
- Job Type: The type of this job
- Job Priority: The priority of the job ("Lowest", "Low", "Normal", "High" or "Highest")
- Repeat: The interval after which the job repeats (if a recurring job) or 'One-off' (if not)
- Tags: The text tags associated with this job (if any)
- Arrival: The times of day (time windows) during which this job can be serviced
- Days: The days of the week that the job can be serviced. For example, "Weekend" or "All".
- Date: The calendar date of the job
- On Site: The length of time that will be, or was, spent at the customer site servicing this job; typically in hours and minutes, or minutes, but can also include seconds.
- Driver Requires: The attributes that must be provided by the driver in order to complete this job. For example, a specific license type or qualification.
- Vehicle Requires: The attributes that must be provided by the vehicle in order to complete this job. For example, specific capabilities such as PTO or refrigeration.
- Preferred Driver: The preferred driver for this job
- Forbidden Driver: The drivers than can not be used to complete this job
- Load: The load type, if any, specified for this job. Also shown here is the quantity of each load, whether it is collected or delivered, and the load or unload time required to perform this task.
- Custom Properties: The custom properties, if any, specified for this job
- Status: The current status of the job ("Assigned", "En Route", "On Site", "Completed", or "Unassigned"). If the job is assigned to a route or has been completed, this area details the name of the route it is or was assigned to, and displays details such as the planned and actual arrival and departure times and dates of the job, and any job warnings.
- History: The historical changes made to the job following its creation, together with the date and time each of these changes was made. Changes tracked include the job being created, updated, deleted, or its status changing.
- Notes: The notes, if any, associated with this job
Use the Edit , Delete , Auto Assign , and Unassign buttons in the upper right corner of the dialog box to either open the dialog box associated with these tasks, or to perform the task directly. See Editing Jobs, Deleting Jobs, Assigning Jobs to Routes, and Unassigning Jobs from Routes for more information.
- Click the Close button in the upper right corner of the dialog box to close.