The Edit Job dialog box is used to view and edit information about jobs you created in the past. To display this dialog box, double-click a job in the Jobs List, or right-click a job in the Jobs List, the Daily Routes panel or the map and select Edit Job from the contextual menu.
Jobs that are complete, or already underway, cannot be edited. These jobs are locked, and the check box beside them is replaced by a padlock icon.
However, you can edit jobs on in-progress routes, as long as the job has not be started. See the In-Progress Jobs and Routes in Dispatch Knowledge Base article for details on how to manage jobs on routes that are already in progress.
To edit an existing job:
- Use the date control in the upper left corner of the Jobs List panel to select the date of the job to edit. You can also change day using the left and right arrows to move ahead or back one day at a time:
If the list of jobs is long, use the search control or the status filter to show only jobs of a particular status. Click the control beside Jobs and then choose a status from the menu. Filter options include:
- All - show jobs of any status type.
- Assigned - show only jobs assigned to a route on the selected day.
- Unassigned (+/- 7 days) - show only jobs not assigned to a route on any of the seven upcoming days, on the currently selected day, or on any of the previous seven days.
- Unassigned (Current Day) - show only jobs not assigned to a route scheduled for the currently selected day.
- Jobs on Selected Routes - show only jobs assigned to routes selected in the Daily Routes List.
- Selected Jobs - show only jobs selected on the map, the Daily Routes list, or the Jobs list.
- Jobs on Drawn Routes - show only jobs assigned to routes that are currently visible on the map.
- Click the highlighted name of the job you want to edit or view in the list, or right-click the job and select Edit from the contextual menu. The Edit Job dialog box opens:
You can quickly access the driver, territory, marker and job type dialog boxes and screens from this tab by clicking on the 'details' button to the right of fields that support this functionality.
- Job Name - the name of the job.
- Code - the job code, if any.
- Type - the type of job (for example, "stop" or "pickup").
- Preferred Driver - the driver used for the job (if available).
- Priority - the priority of the job ("Lowest", "Low", "Normal", "High" or "Highest").
- Location - the address of the job site.
- Territory - the territory the job is assigned to (and will occur within).
- Job Status - The top line, in bold text, indicates the route that this job is assigned to, the vehicle and driver that are planned to complete the route, and the status of the job. Below this, the Planned column shows the date and time that the job is planned to occur (the time that the vehicle is expected to arrive at the job site), and the planned time on site required to service the job. These times use your current time zone configuration (Settings | User), not the local time at the job location. The Actual column shows the time that the job actually began, using the time zone configured for the territory containing the job (Territories screen, Properties tab). This is only shown if the job is currently underway or has already been completed. If the job has not yet been completed, an estimated arrival time is shown in italic text, based on the progress of the previous jobs in the route. Below this, the actual length of time spent on site servicing the job is shown, based on the actual job arrival and departure times recorded.
The information shown under the Job Status section is also shown on balloon tooltips when hovering your mouse over a job on the Route Timeline, the Daily Routes grid, or the Map, in addition to any planning or real-time violations detected.
- Click the Save button to save the updated job when you have finished making changes, or click the Cancel button to close the dialog box without saving any changes.