Omnitracs can now sell Verizon Connect’s Navigation app (designed for professional drivers) as part of the new mobile solution, Omnitracs One. Until now, Omnitracs has offered only the legacy Verizon Connect app, NaviGo, to customers.
Currently, the Navigation app is compatible only with Android devices.
This article introduces you to the partnership between Omnitracs and the Navigation app.
- Omnitracs One Integration With Navigation
- Using Fleet
- Terminology Guide
Omnitracs One Integration With Navigation
Omnitracs One integrates with Navigation to deliver a secure solution that maximizes safety and efficiency for the transportation and logistics ecosystem.
The following illustration helps to describe the relationships between Omnitracs One and Navigation. The green section in the illustration is possibly the most relevant and shows the following process:
- The Omnitracs One API sends dispatches with stops to the Omnitracs Drive app.
- The Drive app sends a stop to Navigation.
- Navigation generates a route to the stop.
Hours of Service Integration
Omnitracs Hours of Service integrates with Navigation to give drivers an on-screen display of their status. The hours of service panel is displayed in the lower part of the screen, as shown in the following screenshots:
The hours of service panel is color-coded as follows:
- Green indicates one of the following:
- The driver is off duty and has had a break of at least 30 minutes.
- The driver is on duty and has at least one hour of driving time remaining.
- Yellow indicates one of the following:
- The driver is off duty and their break has been less than 30 minutes.
- The driver is on duty and in less than one hour they will need to go off duty for a break.
- Gray indicates that syncing the hours of service clock has failed.
The Navigation app is supported by web tools in the Omnitracs RNA portal and Verizon Connect’s Fleet portal. To sign in to Fleet, use the credentials you have been issued.
See the following help center articles for information on relevant Navigation and Fleet topics:
- Configuring Navigation Settings
- Configuring Navigation Routing Settings
- Marker Categories
- Road Edits
- Nav Monitor
- Global Settings
- Driver Settings
As soon as your Fleet account is set up, Verizon Connect’s Navigation team will initiate the following processes, where applicable:
- POI-Marker synchronization - maps points of interest in NavNA to markers in Navigation.
- Road Modifier-Road Edit synchronization - maps road modifiers in NavNA to road edits in Navigation.
- Customer data migration.
The terminology used for naming entities is different between Omnitracs One, Omnitracs Enterprise, Navigation, and NaviGo. The following table outlines how the different terms map to each other between the products.
|Omnitracs One RNA/Drive||Fleet/NavGE||Omnitracs Enterprise||NaviGo FleetNav||Notes|
|TMS - Transportation Management System||Customer system of record|
|worker||driver||driver||driver||Mobile users log in to Navigation using their Worker ID|
|mobile device||table/phone (device)||device (unit)||device|