Follow the steps described below to verify that your installation was a success.
If you have a weak cellular connection, you may experience long wait times during this process. If possible, try moving to another location that has a better cellular connection, or connect over Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Install tab or, in the unlinked Vehicles page, tap Install Device.
- Enter the ESN or serial number of the device you are installing.
- From the Device page, verify the information is correct, then tap Next.
- From the Vehicle page that displays next, the vehicle information might already be filled out.
- If the vehicle is not selected by default, then enter either the vehicle's VIN or Tag, so that you can connect the device to the vehicle in the platform. When you search for a vehicle, results are limited to 500 vehicles. If you cannot find the vehicle in the list, try entering all or part of the vehicle's Tag name to limit the results.
- Edit the Vehicle Details as needed on the Vehicle page to make sure this information is correct.
- Tap Use in the top right corner of the page.
- Next, configure the device's connection to the vehicle.
- The options displayed on the Configure page will vary, depending on the type of device you have installed. These options may include selecting the type of diagnostic connection (such as OBDII), adding inputs (such as external sensors like PTO, Boom, or Pony), and configuring other options. Refer to the installation guide provided with the device for more information about how to best configure it.
- Tap Link from the top right corner of the Configure page to begin the automated QA process.
- If multiple install types are detected, before the QA begins you will be prompted to select the install type you prefer for this installation. You can tap each one to review the diagnostic parameters available for install types. Select the one you want to enable for the device, then tap Done.
- When the QA process begins, the QA Status page lists the test progress that includes testing Points received, GPS quality, Ignition, and others. If there are any problems, the app notifies you and provides troubleshooting tips. A QA Results page displays when the QA is complete.
The QA process might require an extended period of time to complete. You can leave the QA screen to allow the process to finish in the background. If the results do not appear after 30 minutes, contact Support to report the problem.
- From the QA Results page, enter any relevant Install Notes or upload an Image if needed.
- Tap Done to complete the installation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.