Subuser details reports list information about every subuser on your account. Use the hierarchy tree to specify which subusers to report on.
The subuser details report is divided into tables - one table for each subuser. The report contains most of the details from the User dialog box. A few items (such as the users' passwords) are not included in the report.
Within each subuser table, the subuser's details are divided into rows. The rows contain the following information:
- Details: Includes the subuser's email address, the hierarchy node that the subuser is assigned to, and the subuser's time zone.
- Roles: Lists the roles that the subuser is assigned to.
- Rights: Lists the general rights that the subuser has, plus the following:
- Member rights: Lists the subuser's member rights (rights to work with the members of a group such as the vehicles in a fleet or the drivers in a team).
- Item rights: Lists the subuser's item rights (rights to work with the group itself).
- Hierarchy access: States which hierarchy access right the subuser has. See How to Permit and Configure Subuser Access to the Hierarchy for more information.
- Hierarchy item permission: States which hierarchy item access right the subuser has. See How to Permit and Configure Subuser Access to the Hierarchy for more information.
- Access: Lists the categories, fleets, and teams the subuser has access to.
You can set the following options for a subuser details report:
- Show empty nodes: Select the Show empty nodes check box to view hierarchy nodes in the tree view that do not contain any subusers.