Use the following procedure to manually add a single zone to a scenario. To automatically create zones if you have more than 100 jobs, see Creating Zones Automatically. To add several zones at once, use an import file (see Importing and Exporting Zones). If you have already created zones and you want to edit their details, see Editing Zones.
To create a zone manually:
- Open the list menu in the upper left corner of the List panel and select the Zones option. The Zones list opens.
- Click the button on the list panel toolbar. Alternatively, click the More button in the upper right corner of the List panel and select the Create Zone option. The Zone dialog box opens.
- Enter the relevant zone details in the Zone dialog box:
- Zone Id - A unique identifier for the zone.
- Zone Name - A name for the zone.
- Color - The color in which the polygon-shaped area on the map is displayed. We recommend using a different color for each zone.
- Drivers - Select the drivers who are assigned to this zone and who can service jobs in the geographic area defined for the zone.
- Custom Properties - Click Add Property to add Name and Value for additional properties that you have defined previously.
- Use your mouse to create the polygon-shaped area for the zone on the map. To do this:
- Find one of the corners of the zone’s area on the map and click the cross-shaped mouse cursor on this spot. An orange square appears on the map.
- Drag the mouse cursor to the next corner of the zone’s area. Click on this spot. Another orange dot appears that is connected to the first.
- Continue adding corners.
- Complete the zone’s area by clicking on the first corner that you added or by double-clicking into the last corner of the polygon. This will fill the area in the selected color.
- To start again, if you aren’t satisfied with the area, click Redraw Polygon.
- Click Save.