Routes contain the jobs that you schedule your vehicles and drivers to complete. They describe the order of jobs and the turn-by-turn directions along the streets that your drivers need to take to get to the jobs. They also include time windows within which your vehicles are expected or permitted to be at customer locations and estimated distances, durations, and costs.
Using the information you provide about your vehicles and drivers, your customer locations and job or recurring job requirements Scenarios generate the most efficient routes. Scenarios reduces the total number of routes required to service your customers, optimized the number of miles vehicles are driven, and the quantity of fuel consumed, while maximizing safety and the efficiency of your drivers during their shifts.
Route-related topics in this section:
- Creating Routes - Adding new routes to a scenario.
- Filtering Jobs for a Route- Filter jobs that can be assigned to a selected route.
- Grouping Routes by Driver or Date - Group routes by their driver or date.
- Editing Routes - Editing the details of existing routes.
- Deleting Routes - Deleting routes that are no longer needed.
- Importing and Exporting Routes - Exporting a file that lists all routes (with jobs) in a scenario, and importing routes (with jobs) from a file.
- Exporting Route Summaries - Exporting summary files describing your routes.
- Drawing Routes on the Map - Drawing route highlights, which are graphical representations of your routes' turn-by-turn street directions, on the map.
- Viewing Routes on a Gantt Chart - Viewing a representation of your routes with jobs and breaks on a Gantt chart.
- Building Routes - Building new routes for available drivers or rebuilding existing routes, or both.
- Re-Sequencing Routes - Re-sequencing the jobs within routes to take into account changes to the routes since they were first created. Changes that can benefit from re-sequencing include adding or removing jobs, and changing the order of jobs.
- Optimizing Routes - Optimizing routes by moving jobs between routes and changing the order of jobs within routes.