When you have created your routes, recurring jobs, jobs, drivers, vehicles, and markers, you can use Scenarios to build optimized turn-by-turn routes for you, assigning the best jobs to the routes you have provided, based on the constraints you have defined.
You have the following three options for building routes:
- Build scenario - Builds your entire scenario by rebuilding existing routes, if there are any, and creating new routes for drivers that are available based on their shift patterns.
- Build more routes - Builds only new routes for drivers that are available based on their shift patterns, leaving existing routes unchanged. This option requires you to define shift patterns for your drivers.
- Rebuild existing - Rebuilds only the existing routes, ignoring any new routes that could be created for available drivers.
To build all or some routes:
- Click Build Routes in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the appropriate button to build the entire scenario or some of the routes. Building routes can take several minutes.
- When the routes have been built, a Build Summary is displayed.
- (Optional) If there are unassigned jobs, you can click on the "[x] unassigned jobs" link to view reasons why the jobs could not be assigned. Click on the Expand button to expand the list of reasons.