The Unidentified Driving tab on the Hours of Service screen lists all driving periods that are, or were at some point, not assigned to a driver. Driving periods are collections of hours of service events that make up a single driving period. For example, for a trip to a delivery, a driving period is made up of a Driving and an On Duty event, and sometimes also of an Engine Power Up event and an Engine Power Down event. You can use this screen to perform the following tasks:
- View details of driving periods, including their current status.
- Assign a driver to a driving period that does not have a driver assigned to it.
- Mark driving period as exempt so that it does not show up on the drivers' Unidentified Driving screen in the Hours of Service app.
You can select the start and end dates of the time range for which you want to see hours of service driving periods using the calendar controls in the upper part of the screen. When filtering on dates, the start date of a driving period determines whether the period is included in a date range or not. Beware of driving periods that start before midnight and run past midnight. You must include the earlier date in the filter for the driving period to be displayed.
If you have a large number of drivers, you can use the Fleet selector to choose a fleet of vehicles to list or the Filter to display only drivers or vehicles that match a specified search term. To clear the search term filter, click the x inside the Filter box.
- All - All hours of service driving periods that are, or were at some point, not assigned to a driver.
- Unidentified - All driving periods that are not assigned to a driver.
- Pending - All driving periods that have been assigned to a driver but that the driver has not yet accepted or rejected in the Hours of Service app.
- Claimed - All driving periods that were claimed directly by a driver in the Hours of Service app, or that were assigned to a driver and then claimed in the app.
- Rejected - All driving periods that were assigned to a driver and then rejected in the app.
- Exempt - All driving periods that were marked as exempt because the driver did not need to follow ELD regulations at the time.
The Unidentified Driving tab lists all entries under the following columns:
- Vehicle - The name of the vehicle that the driving period was recorded against.
- Start Time - The date and time when the driving period started.
- End Time - The date and time when the driving period ended.
- Origin and Destination - The locations where the driving period started and ended. This field shows "Location unavailable" if no GPS connection existed at the time of the driving period.
- Status - One of the following statuses: All, Unidentified, Pending, Claimed, Rejected, or Exempt. See the descriptions under Status above.
- Driver - The name of the driver who is responsible for this driving period. This field is blank if no driver is assigned to this event.
- Duration - The duration, in hours, minutes, and seconds, of the driving period.
- Distance - The distance of the driving period, in miles or kilometres, depending on your settings. This field shows "Distance unavailable" if no odometer values are available for the driving period.
- Comments - A mandatory comment that the administrator added when marking the driving period as exempt.