On this screen you can see all HOS driving periods for the drivers that you have permission to access.
The Unidentified Driving tab on the Hours of Service screen lists all driving periods that are, or were at some point, not assigned to a driver. Driving periods are collections of hours of service events that make up a single driving period. For example, for a trip to a delivery, a driving period is made up of a Driving and an On Duty event, and sometimes also of an Engine Power Up event and an Engine Power Down event. You can use this screen to perform the following tasks:
- View details of driving periods, including their current status.
- Assign a driver to a driving period that does not have a driver assigned to it.
- Mark driving period as exempt so that it does not show up on the drivers' Unidentified Driving screen in the Hours of Service app.
You can select the start and end dates of the time range for which you want to see hours of service driving periods using the calendar controls in the upper part of the screen.
If you have a large number of drivers, you can use the Fleet selector to choose a fleet of vehicles to list or the Filter to display only drivers or vehicles that match a specified search term. To clear the search term filter, click the x inside the Filter box.
- All - All hours of service driving periods that are, or were at some point, not assigned to a driver.
- Unidentified - All driving periods that are not assigned to a driver.
- Pending - All driving periods that have been assigned to a driver but that the driver has not yet accepted or rejected in the Hours of Service app.
- Claimed - All driving periods that were claimed directly by a driver in the Hours of Service app, or that were assigned to a driver and then claimed in the app.
- Rejected - All driving periods that were rejected directly by a driver in the Hours of Service app, or that were assigned to a driver and then rejected in the app.
- Exempt - All driving periods that were marked as exempt because the driver did not need to follow ELD regulations at the time.
The Unidentified Driving tab lists all entries under the following columns:
- Distance - The distance of the driving period, in miles or kilometers, depending on your settings.
- Start Time - The date and time when the driving period started.
- End Time - The date and time when the driving period ended.
- Origin and Destination - The locations where the driving period started and ended. This field states "Location unavailable", if no GPS connection existed at the time of the event.
- Vehicle - The name of the vehicle that the driving period was recorded against.
- Status - One of the following statuses: All, Unidentified, Pending, Claimed, Rejected, or Exempt. See the descriptions under Status above.
- Driver - The name of the driver who is responsible for this driving period. This field is blank if no driver is assigned to this event.
- Duration - The duration, in hours, minutes, and seconds, of the driving period.
- Comments - A mandatory comment that the administrator added when marking the driving period as exempt.