All users who have access to Verizon Connect mobile apps are called mobile users. Mobile users include drivers, mechanics, supervisors, and administrators. The mobile apps that mobile users can have access to include:
- WorkPlan with modules for Hours of Service, Messaging, Forms, and other features.
- Navigation by Verizon Connect
You can create mobile users from the Mobile Tools screen. If you do not have access to the Mobile Tools screen complete the following procedure:
- Add a new driver using the Driver Details dialog box.
- Add a new subuser using the User dialog box, which can be accessed from the hierarchy or from the Subusers screen. When adding a subuser, you must link the driver to the subuser.
- Configure the mobile user's account, defining which applications and features the user has access to.
The Mobile Tools screen is option controlled. To add this feature to your account, contact your sales representative.
If you create a mobile users on the Mobile Tools screen, a driver and a subuser are automatically created in a single place. Going forward you can choose to edit the mobile user from the Mobile Tools screen or from the Drivers and Subusers screens. Subuser rights cannot be edited from the Mobile Tools screen and must be updated from the Subusers screen.
To make it easier to create a large number of mobile users, you can use the Import function on the Mobile Tools screen to upload a CSV file that contains all mobile user details in the Import Mobile Users dialog box.
Viewing and Editing Mobile Users
You can view and edit the details for mobile users on the User Details tab, which is accessible from the Mobile Tools screen:
- From the Tasks section of the navigation bar choose Mobile Tools.
- On the Mobile Tools screen, click the name of the mobile user.
- The User Details tab opens for the selected mobile user.
If you do not have access to the Mobile Tools screen, you can view or edit the details for a mobile user on the following screens:
- Subusers User dialog box: Subuser information, including rights and roles the user is assigned to.
- Driver Details dialog box: Driver information, including contact and license details, and which mobile applications and features the user has access to.
Some driver details and subuser rights cannot be edited from the Mobile Tools screen, they must be edited from the Drivers or Subusers screen.
Seeing Mobile User Events
On the Timeline tab you can see all the events that are recorded against a particular mobile user. From the Tasks section of the navigation bar choose Mobile Tools, then click the name of a mobile user, then click the Timeline tab. Events include signing in or out of Verizon Connect® WorkPlan™, changing Hours of Service status, and other mobile events captured using one of the Verizon Connect mobile applications.