The Vehicles list provides a powerful and convenient way to view, sort, and find information about vehicles (and other assets) quickly and efficiently. To open this list, from the Main section of the navigation bar choose Vehicles, or view the list as one of the list views from the Map screen.
If your version includes support for asset types, you can set thresholds for input values when configuring the asset type of a vehicle. When you do that, the background color of the input columns in the list lets you see at a glance if the inputs on the unit are showing values in the desired range.
In the vehicles list, you can:
- Lock the Vehicle name column in place.
- Add or remove columns of information about your vehicles.
- Export the data shown in the list.
- Change the order of columns.
- Resize columns.
- Sort by columns.
- Change the number of rows.
- Perform tasks on the displayed items.
If the vehicles list contains many columns of information, you can easily lose track of which vehicles you are examining when you scroll the list so that you can see the columns on the right. To prevent this problem, you can lock the vehicle name column in place, so that it does not scroll when you scroll the rest of the columns. This way, you can always tell which vehicle you are looking at.
To lock the name column so that it does not scroll, click the pin icon in the column header:
When the column is locked, the pin icon is shaded:
To unlock the name column so that it scrolls with the other columns, click the icon again. Its appearance reverts to the lighter version.
Using the column picker, you can control what information is displayed for each vehicle in the list. If you are an account administrator, you can also control what information is displayed by default for all users of your account.
Click the Settings icon to open the Settings dialog box.
Click the Vehicle List tab to view the column picker. Select or clear the check boxes beside the listed columns to show or hide the columns in the vehicle list:
Click Restore default columns to return your set of columns to the default configuration.
If you are an account administrator, the Save default columns option is also displayed. To set the default column configuration for all users of your account, select or clear the check boxes beside the column names until you have the configuration that you want as the default, then click Save default columns. Click OK to confirm your selection.
You can export the data that is currently displayed in the vehicles list, or on the map, or all vehicles in your account, to an export file. To export this data:
- Use the column picker to indicate which columns you want to export. These are the same columns that you choose to display in the vehicles list, with the following exceptions:
- Columns, such as the Time column, which contain multiple parts (duration, start time) are broken into separate columns in the exported file.
- Icons are not exported.
- The Inputs column and links that contain no information (such as the links in the History column) are not exported.
- Expand the Export drop-down list:
- Select the type of export you want to perform:
- Export Map View selects all vehicles that are currently visible on the map. Change your list view to see the map if it is currently hidden.
- Export List View selects all vehicles that are currently shown in the vehicles list, taking any list filtering into account.
- Export All selects all vehicles in your account, including those that are not currently visible in the vehicles list or the map.
- In the dialog box that opens, specify the name of the exported file and the export file type (Excel spreadsheet, HTML, CSV, or tab-delimited) then click OK.
Date and time values in the exported file are exported as UTC (Coordinated universal time).
You can click and drag columns to resize them.
To move a column, left-click the column header and drag it to a new position. Release the column header when you see the two guiding arrows.
To resize a column, left-click the line that divides two column headers and drag to create a new width.
To sort by a column, click the column header.
To change the number of rows displayed in the vehicles list, select a value from the Rows drop-down list:
Double-click a row in the vehicles list to display the vehicle details pop-up. In addition, certain columns in the list contain links that let you perform tasks. When you click a link, a menu opens with the options that are available to you.
Depending on your user permissions, these may include:
- Name: Click a vehicle name to open a menu where you can choose:
- Today: View a history of the vehicle on the current day.
- Yesterday: View a history of the vehicle for the previous day.
- Add to History: Add the vehicle to the list of histories you are watching.
- Assign Driver: Assign a new driver to the vehicle.
- Edit Vehicle: Display the vehicle details dialog box for the vehicle.
- Show Fuel Log: Display the fuel purchase log for the vehicle.
- Show Maintenance Log: Display the maintenance log for the vehicle.
- Latest Inspection Report: Display the latest inspection report for the vehicle.
- Create a marker here: Create a marker at the current location of the vehicle.
- Zoom to vehicle: Zoom the map so that it shows the location of the vehicle.
- Poll Vehicle: Request an unscheduled report of current status and location from the vehicle.
- Arrange Roadside Assistance: Arrange breakdown assistance for the vehicle's driver using the Roadside Assistance feature.
- Driver: Click a driver name to open a menu where you can choose:
- Add to History: View the driver to the list of histories you are watching.
- Change Driver: Assign a new driver to the vehicle.
- View Jobs: Display the list of jobs on the driver details dialog box for the driver.
- Show Driver: Display the driver details pop-up for the driver.
- Edit Driver: Display the driver details dialog box for the driver.
- Hours of Service: View the Hours of Service report for the driver
- Address: Click the location link to open a menu where you can choose:
- Add as route stop: Add the location as a stop to a route you are defining using the route pop-up.
- Copy to clipboard: Copy the location to the Windows clipboard.
- Create a marker here: Create a marker at this location.
- Create a job here: Create a new job at this location using the Add Job panel.
- Find nearest vehicles: Search for vehicles that are near this location.
- Find activity near here: Search for activities that are near this location.
If the address is at a marker location, an additional link on the marker name is displayed. Click this link to open a menu where you can choose:
- View Marker details: Displays the marker pop-up for the marker.
- Edit Marker: Displays the marker pop-up in edit mode, so that you can change the marker details.