The Maintenance Log helps you keep track of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of a vehicle or asset. This dialog box opens when you click a vehicle name (such as in the Vehicles list) and select Show Maintenance Log. Note that if your account includes a subscription for the Maintenance Connect feature, this action opens the Maintenance Connect screen, not the dialog box described below.
This dialog box has two or three tabs, depending on your version of this application:
- Service Schedule lists the services that are scheduled but have not yet occurred. Use this tab to schedule regular maintenance and record when those maintenance visits occur.
- Service History lists the services that have already occurred. Use this tab to view the maintenance history for the vehicle and record unscheduled maintenance (such as non-routine repairs).
- Service Type lists the types of services defined for your account. This tab is only displayed if your account includes the feature that lets you define new service types.
The Service Schedule tab displays a list of scheduled maintenance that has not yet occurred. If a scheduled service is due shortly or overdue, the criterion indicating when the service is due is displayed in red.
On the Service Schedule tab you can:
- Select a scheduled service and click Log Service to record when a scheduled servicing occurs.
- Click New Schedule to schedule another regular maintenance visit.
- Select a scheduled service and click Edit to change the details of a scheduled service. The same dialog box opens when you schedule a maintenance visit, letting you change the details you added previously.
- Select a scheduled service and click Delete to remove a scheduled service from the list.
The Service History tab displays a list of maintenance visits that have already occurred.
On the Service History tab you can:
- Click Log Service to record an unscheduled servicing.
- Select a logged service and click Edit to change the details of a recorded maintenance visit. The same dialog box is displayed when you record a servicing, letting you change the details you entered previously.
- Select a logged service and click Delete to remove the logged maintenance visit.
The Service Type tab is only displayed if your version of this product lets you define your own service visit types. This tab lists all of the currently defined service types, including the built-in Major Service and Minor Service types.
On the Service Type tab you can:
- Click New Service Type to define a new type of service visit. In the dialog box that opens, enter a name for the service type, and indicate the default costs for labor, parts, tax, other costs, and a default discount. These values are then used to initialize the dialog box that opens when you record a maintenance visit of this type. You can also indicate if the service type is displayed in the list of options when you schedule or log a maintenance visit.
- Select a service type and click Edit to change the default costs associated with a service type, or specify if it is displayed in the drop-down list of service types when you schedule or log a maintenance visit.