Fleets and Teams are the main collections of vehicles and drivers, respectively. By organizing your vehicles and drivers into fleets and teams, you can run reports on just those vehicles or drivers, or you can control which vehicles or drivers other users can work with.
There are two types of fleets and teams:
- Hierarchy fleets and teams: These collections are defined implicitly using the hierarchy. Hierarchy fleets and teams enable users to work with vehicles or drivers based on their position in your organizational structure.
- Explicitly created fleets and teams: These collections are defined explicitly using the Fleets & Teams screen. Explicitly created fleets and teams are useful for sharing information with customers or organizing information about vehicles and drivers by some criterion other than your company's structure.
In addition to fleets and teams, there are other ways to group your vehicles and drivers into useful categories:
- Vehicles can be assigned to categories that are used to filter a view in the dashboard. They can also be given icon colors to represent the vehicle class at a glance.
- Drivers can be assigned to marker categories to represent the types of stops they make.
- Both vehicles and drivers can be given skill tags, which you can then use to filter the home screen, map, and vehicles or drivers lists.
The Share system on the Fleets & Teams screen provides a simple means of sharing your fleets with an external customer, or to a subuser account, when you want to coordinate the activities of your fleet with an external service provider.