To edit the details of an existing driver:
- Open the list menu in the upper left corner of the List panel and select the Drivers option. The Drivers list opens.
- Click a driver's name in the list, or select the driver row and then click the Edit button on the List panel tool bar.
You can edit multiple drivers at the same time by selecting the check boxes next to them and clicking the Edit button. Fields that contain different values for the drivers display the value "Various". If you change this value to something else, all drivers that you are editing get the new value.
- The Driver dialog box opens.
- Edit the relevant driver details under each tab in the Driver dialog box:
- Details: Define basic information about the driver, including name, start and end locations, and preferred vehicle.
- Shift: Define driver shift information and add driver shift patterns.
- Soft Territory: Specify the geographical location where the driver prefers to have jobs located. The optimizer will group routes assigned to this driver around this location whenever possible.
- Tags: Add specific attributes that the driver possesses, and that may be required by a route, for example a specific type of training or ability.
- Custom Properties: Add your own customer-defined properties to drivers, such as contact details, which are shown on the Drivers list and can be used to sort the grid.
- Click Save to save your changes or Cancel to close the dialog box without saving.