Tap the Search icon to open the Navigation Search screen.
Use the following methods to find locations:
- Start typing an address, and then tap the address you want.
- Enter the name of a point of interest (POI).
- Enter the name of a marker or a marker that your administrator has added. See Marker Search, below, for more information.
- Enter the geographic coordinates (latitude, longitude) for a location.
- Tap a recently visited address from the Recent Places list, or tap VIEW MORE RECENT PLACES to view more, and then tap the address you want.
- Tap a favorite address from the Favorites list, or tap VIEW MORE FAVORITES to view more, and then tap the address you want.
- Tap a category from the Categories list. Markers (set up by an administrator) are listed under Your Fleet, and points of interest (Fuel, Truck Stops, Dining, Lodging, and Toilet/Public Amenities) are listed under Default.
If markers have not been set up by an administrator, only the standard points of interest categories are listed under Categories.
The following screenshot shows the search result for an address specified using latitude and longitude coordinates. You can type the values or copy and paste them from another application.
After you specify or select a location, the search result list updates to show the address that matches the specified coordinates. Tap the address to see the mapped location and begin navigation. For details, see Getting Directions With Navigation.
When setting up Navigation, administrators can add markers under different marker categories. These are listed on the Search screen > Categories > Your Fleet list. The information about the markers includes yard shapes and sizes, access paths to the marker address from nearby roads (and back out to the road), and arrival and departure notes.
You can search for a marker that has been set up by an administrator.
To search for a marker, from the Search screen do one of the following:
- Enter the marker name in the Search field.
- Tap a category from Your Fleet to view a list of markers.
If markers have not been set up by an administrator, only the standard points of interest categories (Fuel, Truck Stops, Dining, Lodging, and Toilet/Public Amenities) are listed under Categories.
Marker Search and the Last Mile Feature
When you generate a route from a marker search and then navigate towards the marker, the Last Mile feature ensures that the marker’s arrival notes are announced and displayed. When you are approximately 400 meters from the marker, the arrival notes are announced verbally. When you arrive at the marker, the arrival notes are displayed on the Arrival screen.
The Last Mile feature improves the efficiency of deliveries and services, and reduces the likelihood of accidents and driver stress.