This feature is available only under Canadian ELD regulations, not in the US.
When driving under Canadian ELD regulations, you can defer up to 2 hours of your required 10 hours off-duty time to the next day. You can do this under the following conditions:
- The deferred time is not part of the 8 consecutive off-duty hours taken on the first day.
- The deferred time is added to the 8 consecutive off-duty hours taken the next day.
- Over the 2 days, you must not exceed a maximum of 26 hours of driving, and you must take a minimum of 20 hours off duty.
To defer off-duty time:
- Go to the HOS Status screen.
- Tap Actions in the lower part of the screen.
- Tap ‘Off Duty’ Deferral.
- Review the time that you can defer, which can be up to 2 hours. You cannot defer off-duty time if you:
- Have already deferred off-duty time that day or the previous day
- Have already split your 8-hour rest break that day
- Are in violation
- Do not have any remaining off-duty time
- Are currently off duty
- Tap Confirm.
- You can now see your off-duty deferral time listed under the details of the HOS Status screen.
- The next day, when you sign in to the HOS app, you will receive a reminder that you must take the deferred off-duty time as part of your rest break. You must confirm the deferred off-duty time.