Support for the Unregulated Driving mode must be enabled in your account and works only for US rule sets, not for Canadian rule sets.
Unregulated Driving is a mode that allows you to drive a non-commercial motor vehicle without the driving time counting towards your HOS limits. When the Unregulated Driving mode is turned on, your HOS status is recorded and displayed as On Duty (not driving), although your vehicle is moving. When you finish your period of unregulated driving you must turn the Unregulated Driving mode off.
If you turn your ignition off while you are in Unregulated Driving mode you automatically leave this mode and return to On Duty (not driving) status.
Entering Unregulated Driving Mode
To enter the Unregulated Driving mode:
- Go to the HOS Status screen. You must have a status of On Duty to use the Unregulated Driving mode.
- Tap Actions in the lower part of the screen.
- Tap Unregulated Driving.
- Edit the comment field, if required.
- Tap Done to enter Unregulated Driving mode.
- While you are in Unregulated Driving mode, you are unable to change your HOS status. Normal HOS functionality is disabled.
Leaving Unregulated Driving Mode
To leave Unregulated Driving mode and return to normal HOS functionality tap End on the screen that is displayed while you are in Unregulated Driving mode. The button becomes active when the vehicle stops moving.
Please sign in to leave a comment.