All hours of service status changes, particularly those that involve going from or to the Driving status, must be assigned to a driver, so that mileage can be accounted for. Unidentified driving periods are displayed on the Unidentified Driving screen with an "Unidentified" status and a blank Driver column.
To assign an unidentified driving period to a driver:
- Go to the Unidentified Driving tab of the Hours of Service screen.
- From the Status drop-down list select "Unidentified" to filter the driving periods that have no driver assigned.
- Select the check box next to the driving periods that you want to assign the same driver to.
- Click Assign (x driving periods selected).
- From the drop-down box that opens select "Assign to Driver".
- Select a driver from the drop-down list.
- Click Assign Driver.
You can re-assign a driving period to a different driver in the following situations:
You can re-assign driving periods that are Unidentified, Exempt, Claimed, or Rejected, provided they are less than 4 weeks old.