This feature is applicable only if you are using WorkPlan as an ELD, not if you are using it as an AOBRD.
If your vehicle has recorded any HOS driving periods that are not assigned to a driver or your carrier has assigned unidentified driving periods to you, these periods are listed on the Unidentified Driving screen. From this screen, you can claim or reject unidentified driving periods or reject accidentally claimed unidentified driving periods. For more information on the Unidentified Driving screen see Unidentified Driving Screen.
Claiming and Rejecting Unidentified Driving Periods
The Unidentified Driving screen is displayed automatically if you or your selected vehicle have unassigned driving periods when you sign in or out, select a vehicle, or certify your HOS logs. You can access the Unidentified Driving screen at any time. To do this:
- Go to the HOS Status screen.
- Tap Actions in the lower part of the screen.
- Tap Review.
The red indicator shows the total number of unidentified driving periods and daily logs that have not yet been reviewed.
- Tap Unidentified Driving.
- The Unidentified Driving screen opens.
You can select one or more of these driving periods, and then claim or reject them. To do this, tap the check mark button underneath each period, and then tap Claim or Reject in the lower part of the screen.
For more information on the Unidentified Driving screen, see Unidentified Driving Screen.
- You might be prompted to enter missing shipment information or trailer numbers.
If you have selected one unidentified driving period, tap Edit to enter the missing information now, tap Claim to continue claiming the driving period and edit the details later, or tap Cancel to go back to the Unidentified Driving screen.
If you have selected more than one unidentified driving period, tap Claim to claim the driving periods and edit the details later, or tap Cancel to go back to the Unidentified Driving screen.
- You must now recertify your logs for the day on which you have claimed the unidentified driving period.
It is important that all driving time is accounted for and assigned to the driver responsible.
Rejecting Accidentally Claimed Unidentified Driving Periods
If you have accidentally claimed unidentified driving periods that are not yours, follow these steps:
- On the Unidentified Driving screen, select the Claimed tab.
- Select the driving period that you accidentally claimed, and then tap Reject in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You must now recertify your logs for the day on which you have rejected the unidentified driving period.
Unidentified Driving Screen
The Unidentified Driving screen contains three tabs: Pending, Rejected, and Claimed.
The Pending tab can have two sections:
- Assigned by carrier: Unidentified driving periods that your carrier has assigned to you because the periods are likely to be yours.
- Unidentified on vehicle: Unidentified driving periods that were recorded on your selected vehicle while you or another driver was driving the vehicle.
The Rejected tab contains all unidentified driving periods that you have previously rejected. You can claim any of these periods that you incorrectly rejected, provided they are still available. Any unclaimed periods are displayed to the next driver who selects this vehicle, or can be assigned to another driver by your carrier.
The Claimed tab contains all unidentified driving periods that you have previously claimed as yours. You can reject any of these periods if you incorrectly claimed them. Any rejected periods are displayed to the next driver who selects this vehicle or can be assigned to another driver by your carrier.
Unidentified driving periods from the past 5 weeks are displayed on all of these tabs.