By default, mobile users cannot create new trailers from their mobile devices. All trailers for which your mobile users want to create DVIR forms must be added to the platform. This process is sometimes performed by Verizon Connect (after you have purchased GPS hardware devices for installation on your trailers). By following the steps below, you can give permissions to your mobile users to create trailers in the WorkPlan mobile app.
To allow your mobile users to create new trailers:
- From the Tasks section of the navigation bar choose Roles.
- From the list select the role that you want to apply to mobile users who can add trailers.
- Select the Rights tab.
- Select the check box next to Show All Rights.
- In the Fleets section set Add and remove vehicles from public fleets to "Allowed".
- In the Units section set Can create untracked units to "Allowed".
- Visibility of trailers in WorkPlan is determined by the trailer’s base marker (just as it is for vehicles). So, until a trailer has been created with the same base marker as the mobile user, that mobile user does not see the Trailers icon in WorkPlan and cannot create new trailers. Therefore, the first trailer with a matching base marker must be created in one of the following ways:
- Verizon Connect adds the trailer into your account and assigns a base marker that matches the mobile user.
- A mobile user who is already allowed to create trailers creates the trailer in WorkPlan. You then modify the base marker of that trailer in the platform following the steps under 8 below.
- You follow the instructions under Creating DVIRs for Trailers to create a trailer asset type and add a vehicle with the trailer asset type (the first two tasks). You do not need to create the form template or assign the form template to your trailer yet. You can perform these steps later.
- To make sure that the trailer has the same base marker as the mobile user:
- Go to Main > Vehicles.
- Click on the trailer’s name and select Edit Vehicle from the drop-down list.
- On the Overview tab, set the Base Marker.
- Go to Tasks > Mobile Tools.
- Click on the user’s name.
- On the User Details tab, set the Depots / Base Markers.
If you do not have access to the Mobile Tools screen, go to Main > Drivers instead, and check the marker under Details > Based At for each of the drivers.
- With all the previous steps complete, mobile users in the selected role can add new trailers from within WorkPlan. New trailers show up in the "New Trailers" fleet in the platform. Go to Main > Fleets & Teams and select the Fleets tab to view the "New Trailers" fleet. This fleet is listed only if it contains trailers, not if it is empty.
You can remove or edit the trailer, or move the trailer into a different fleet. Your mobile users cannot remove or edit trailers from within WorkPlan.