Tap the Search icon to open the Navigation Search screen. Use the following methods to find locations:
- Start typing an address, and then tap the address you want.
- Enter the name of a shared marker or a marker that your administrator has added. See Marker Search, below, for more information.
- Enter the name of a point of interest (POI).
- Enter the geographic coordinates (latitude, longitude) for a location.
- Tap a recently visited address from the Recent Places list, or tap View More Recent Places to view more, and then tap the address you want.
- Tap a favorite address from the Favorites list, or tap View More Favorites to view more, and then tap the address you want.
- Tap a category from the Your categories list to view customer markers, or tap View More Categories to view nearby points of interest (POIs) in the following standard categories: Fuel, Truck Stops, Dining, Lodging, and Toilet/Public Amenities.
If there are no customer markers, the Your categories section is named “Categories” and lists the standard POI categories.
The following screenshot shows the Navigation Search screen:
The following screenshot shows the search result for an address specified using latitude and longitude coordinates. You can type the values or copy and paste them from another application.
After you specify or select a location, the search result list updates to show the address that matches the specified coordinates. Tap the address to see the mapped location and begin navigation. For details, see Getting Directions.
When setting up Navigation, administrators can add customer markers under different marker categories. The information about the customer markers includes yard shapes and sizes, access paths to the marker address from nearby roads (and back out to the road), and arrival and departure notes.
You can search for a customer marker that has been set up by an administrator.
To search for a marker, from the Search screen do one of the following:
- Enter the customer marker name in the Search field.
- Tap a category from the Your categories list to view customer markers.
If there are no customer markers, the Your categories section is named “Categories” and lists the standard POI categories (Fuel, Truck Stops, Dining, Lodging, and Toilet/Public Amenities).
Marker Search and the Last Mile Feature
When you generate a route from a marker search and then navigate towards the marker, the Last Mile feature ensures that the marker’s arrival notes are announced and displayed. When you are approximately 400 meters from the marker, the arrival notes are announced verbally. When you arrive at the marker, the arrival notes are displayed on the Arrival screen.
The Last Mile feature improves the efficiency of deliveries and services, and reduces the likelihood of accidents and driver stress.