Video recordings are uploaded to Fleet when the AI detects unsafe driving behavior.
When the AI detects multiple events happening around the same time, it will analyze and classify based on the most severe incident.
- Harsh driving events and thresholds
- AI Dashcam exclusive triggers
- Videos not triggering?
Harsh driving events and thresholds
The vehicle tracker detects the following harsh driving events:
- The vehicle speeds up suddenly (by more than 5 mph per second).
- The g-force is above 0.220g for at least 1 second.
- The vehicle makes a harsh turn at speed.
- The g-force is above 0.4g for at least 2 seconds.
- The vehicle slows down suddenly (speed decreased by more than 6 mph per second).
- The g-force is above 0.265g for at least 1 second.
- The vehicle jolts suddenly (caused by impact with a person, animal, or object, for example).
- The g-force is above 0.7g for 0.1 second.
Sudden force is only detected by certain device models. Contact Support to find out whether your device can detect it.
AI Dashcam exclusive triggers
AI Dashcams detect additional driver-facing and road-facing behaviors.
- Phone call detection
- Pedestrian ahead
To learn more about these triggers, read what triggers in-cab alerts for drivers.
Videos not triggering?
If videos are not appearing in the Video List, check whether a camera is working.