Below are the requirements to determine if a driver was eligible for a 16-hour Hours of Service extension.
- Did the driver start (go on duty) and end (go off duty) their last 5 shifts at the driver’s base marker depot?
- Did the driver return to their base marker depot within 16 hours after coming on duty starting their shift?
- Did the driver take a 10-hour off-duty period between each of their last 5 shifts?
- Did the driver end their 16-hour extension shift by taking a 10-hour off-duty break?
- Did the driver use a 16-hour extension in the last 6 days without doing a weekly reset (off duty for 34 consecutive hours)?
If you cannot determine why a driver was not given a 16-hour extension after going through this checklist, please escalate to Verizon Connect customer support.
Be sure to include detailed answers to all of the checklist questions in your escalation case.