You can edit only those events that a driver manually added in the Hours of Service app or that an administrator manually created in the platform. You cannot edit events that were automatically created as a response to ELD events. You can edit HOS events that were added in the previous four weeks.
To edit an hours of service event:
- Open the Drivers tab of the Hours of Service screen.
- Select a date range using the calendar tools in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click the name of the driver whose events you want to view.
- Click the View link under the View column. The events list for the driver opens.
- Click the event name in the events list.
- From the Event Detail dialog box, click Edit Event in the upper right corner.
- Change the Status or Time or both, and enter a mandatory note into the Comments field to explain why you have edited the event. Other fields cannot be changed.
- Click Save.
- The updated event shows in the driver's event list, and in the table on the Events tab, with a status of "Pending" appended to the event's name in the Event column. The event also displays on the Carrier Edits screen in the Hours of Service app for the specified driver, so that the driver can accept or reject the suggested changes to the event. This step is required by the ELD mandate.
- If the driver accepts the changes to the event, the updated event continues to be displayed in the driver's event list. The status of "Pending" is removed from the event's name. You can still see the original event, with grayed-out details and with a status of "Inactive", in the full events list on the Events tab. You cannot edit this inactive event. If the driver rejects the changes to the event, the original event is displayed in the driver's event list. You can still see the updated event, in red, with grayed-out details, and with a status of "Rejected", in the full events list on the Events tab. You cannot edit this rejected event.