Jobs are the stops you schedule your vehicles to make. These can be deliveries, stops where your drivers perform tasks, locations where your vehicles make scheduled pick-ups, and so on.
There are four ways to create jobs:
- You can use the Add Job dialog box to define a new job and then either save it as an unassigned job or assign it to a driver. When you assign routes to a driver, you have the option of sending the driver a message with the job information.
- Using the Verizon Connect® WorkPlan™ mobile application (Jobs > Add then enter the street address of the new job).
- Via the TDE cloud-based web service.
- Using the Verizon Connect® Dispatch™ daily route management interface.
The Jobs list contains all of the current jobs. This list appears as one of the map list views.
This list displays the jobs of any routes that either ended within the last 12 hours or are due to start within the next 12 hours. Jobs are filtered based on the selected territory, and all jobs are displayed regardless of status. It also shows the details of all jobs with a status of 'Unassigned', that are seven days either side of the current date (that is, fourteen days centered on the current date). These unassigned jobs will remain in the list until assigned to a route or deleted. These are also the jobs that are shown on the map.
The information that appears in the list is controlled by the Job List tab on the Settings dialog box. This dialog box is displayed when you click the Columns menu option in any title bar menu (viewed by clicking the far right end of any column title), or when you click the Column Setting button on the Jobs list menu:
Click the Job List tab to specify the columns that will be shown in the Jobs list:
The following columns can be shown or hidden:
If any of your jobs contain global custom properties from Dispatch, Route, or from import job files, these additional property columns will be shown on the Jobs List tab, and can be hidden or shown as required. This feature is not available in all accounts. Contact support to purchase a subscription.
- ! - Displays a warning icon if the job has expired, or there is a problem such as the driver being late. Hovering the mouse over the icon displays a tool tip that describes the problem.
- Actual Arrival - The actual time and date that the driver arrived at the job location.
- Actual Departure - The actual time and date that the driver departed from the job location.
- Actual Time on Site - The actual time that the driver spent at the job location.
- Assigned To - The driver that the job is assigned to (if any).
- Code - The job code associated with the job.
- Description - A brief description of the job.
- Earliest Arrival - The earliest date and time that the driver can arrive for the job.
- ETA - The estimated time that the driver will arrive at the job. An early arrival is shown with green text indicating how early the arrival is estimated to be, while a late arrival is shown with red text indicating how late the arrival is expected to be. 'On time' arrival is shown when the estimated arrival time is within five minutes either side of the planned arrival time (within a ten minute window). This column is only available if your account includes an ETA subscription.
- Latest Arrival - The latest date and time that the driver can arrive for the job.
- Location - The location (marker) where the job is scheduled to occur.
- Name - The name of the job. Click on this link to display a menu of options, including:
- Show Job - Display the Job Details popup for the job, where you can examine job details or edit the job.
- Show Job History - Display the job history popup for the job, where you can see a brief history of its status changes.
- Find Nearest Vehicles - Locate vehicles that are close to the job site right now.
- Unassign Job - If the job is currently assigned, you can undo the assignment, after which you can reassign the job to another driver or delete the job.
- Dispatch Job - If the job is unassigned, you can display the Dispatch Job popup, which lets you dispatch it to one of your drivers.
- Delete Job - If the job is unassigned, you can delete it.
- Notes - Notes that have been attached to the job.
- Planned Arrival - The date and time when the driver is scheduled to arrive for the job.
- Planned Departure - The date and time when the driver is scheduled to depart after completing the job.
- Planned Time on Site - The on site duration planned for this job.
- Priority - The priority of the job (High, Above Average, Normal, Below Average or Low).
- Route - The name of the route this job is assigned to. Click the route name to view or edit the route, display all jobs on the route, or to view the the route's history.
- Status - The status of the job (Assigned, En Route, On Site, Completed, Canceled, Reordered, or Unassigned).
- Time to Expiration - the amount of time remaining until the job expires.
- Type - the job type.
- <Custom Property N> - The custom properties, if any, configured will be added as additional selectable columns. The columns that are available, and their names, will vary according to your account settings. See the 'Custom Job Properties' section of the Response Additions to the Settings Dialog Box page for configuration details.
You can use the Jobs list to:
- Create new jobs by clicking on the Add Job button that appears above the list. This displays the Add Job dialog box.
- View the Job Details popup for a job by clicking on a job name and selecting View Job Details.
- Assign a job to a driver by clicking on a job name for an unassigned job and selecting Dispatch Job.
- Delete an unassigned job by clicking on a job name and selecting Delete Job.
- Export the jobs list to a spreadsheet by clicking Export on the Job menu bar.
To view warnings for jobs that have not yet been assigned, but that have a planned arrival time within the configured Expired Job Threshold duration, you can display the Time to Expiration column. Values in this column appear in red if the planned job arrival time is within the threshold you set in the Job Settings.
In addition, you can optionally use the Job settings to enable the display of a count of expired jobs (jobs that have been unassigned for longer than the threshold) at the top of the list and to highlight rows for expired jobs.