Shift patterns define which shifts are used over a period of a selected number of days. These shift patterns are then assigned to drivers in order to work out whether a driver is available to work on a route, when building routes.
You can import a CSV file of shift patterns or create shift patterns manually.
To create a shift pattern manually:
- Click the Settings button, or click the highlighted scenario name, and then click the Scenario Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- In the Scenario Settings dialog box, select the Shift Patterns tab.
- Click the Create button.
- In the Shift Pattern dialog box, enter the relevant details:
- Click Save.
The Overview tab lets you add the following information:
- Shift Pattern ID - The unique identifier of the shift pattern.
- Shift Pattern Name - The name of the shift pattern.
- Shift - To create a shift pattern, add the appropriate number of days using the Add Day button and then select the shifts for that day in the Shifts column of the table. You can remove days by selecting the day and clicking the Remove button. You can change the order of the days by selecting a day and clicking on the arrow buttons.
The Custom Properties tab lets you add the following information:
- Name - The name of a custom property. These arbitrary properties are not for route optimization, but are added as columns to the Shift Patterns list, and can be useful for sorting and filtering purposes. You could use these fields to specify additional data not included by default in Scenarios. These values can then be sorted in the grid by clicking the column header. Click the Add Property button to add a new Name and Value pair, or delete the content of an existing property pair and then click Save to remove them.
- Value - The value of the custom property.