Verizon Connect’s Integrated Video solution with road-facing and driver-facing cameras connects to the Fleet platform to provide fleets, managers, and drivers with a host of benefits.
Your organization can:
- Review harsh driving events and footage
- Better protect the company against liability, particularly false claims against drivers
- Improve driver performance
How does Integrated Video work?
When an unsafe driving behavior or harsh driving event is detected, a video from your vehicle’s camera is uploaded to Fleet and then classified by our AI software. A notification is also sent your supervisor.
AI Dashcams can notify drivers with real-time in-cab audio alerts. These prompts are designed to encourage safer driving and help protect drivers on the road.
What triggers video events in Reveal?
Footage from the driver and road cameras is uploaded to Fleet and the Integrated Video app when there are:
- Harsh driving events, such as hard braking, harsh cornering, and hard acceleration.
- Unsafe driving behaviors, such as tailgating, distraction, smoking, tiredness and using a cellphone.
- Video requests - Individuals with administrator credentials and Integrated Video access can get videos from an SD card.
Who can see the video recordings?
Administrators and users with the appropriate permissions, as determined by your company’s leadership, can view or retrieve video footage from cameras in the situations described above.
How does this affect my privacy?
It is your company’s responsibility to explain to you how it is processing, using, and sharing the videos and data it collects from cameras in the vehicle you use. Videos may be downloaded and shared with law enforcement, or third-parties such as insurance companies, and used as evidence at the company's discretion.
Audio is not recorded inside the cab.