Install the VZC Player and connect an SD card reader to your device so you can download videos from your SD card. This allows you to:
- View videos that are not available from the Video List
- Share videos for insurance purposes
- Get videos from the SD card.
- Clear space on your SD card.
Before you begin
You will need:
- A key (provided with camera)
- A computer with an integrated SD card reader or with an external SD card reader attached
- An internet connection
Follow these steps:
- Find an SD card reader compatible with your device.
- Remove the SD card from the camera.
Remove the SD card from the camera
To remove the SD from the camera:
- Turn off the ignition of the vehicle that is connected to the camera.
- Unlock the security cover using the key provided with the camera.
- Press the current SD card to remove it from the camera.
Download the VZC Player
You need the VZC player to browse videos on the SD card.
- Download the VZC player for Mac or Windows to your computer.
- Open the VZC Player. It is not necessary to download the latest version of the player, so you can ignore the prompt to do so.
Find and play a video file
You need an SD card reader to carry out this procedure.
- Insert the SD card into the SD card reader attached to your computer.
(It can take a few moments for the computer to recognize and display the contents of the SD card.)
- In the VZC player, click the folder icon.
- To find the file directory for the SD card, go to Media > normal > Date > Time.
The SD card directory is organized as follows:
- Folders are divided by date and time stamp for each file.
- Each date is broken into hourly segments.
- Each hour is broken into 10-minute intervals.
- To locate the video, go to the date and time of the video needed. Be aware that videos use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). If you can’t find a video, the driver may have switched the camera to privacy mode.
- Select the date.
- Select the hour of the day (in 24-hour format).
- Select the video (MDT) file. (Files are split into 10 minutes segments. For example, 08:00, 08:10, and so on.)
- Select the video file you want to view and click Open.
- Enter the password 1972 and click OK.
- To watch the video, click Play.
Save a video as an MP4
To save a video as an MP4 for later use:
- Click the video camera icon.
- Choose a location to save the file or save the file to the default location.
- Enter a file name or use the default name.
- To save the selected date and time range as an MP4 file, click Save.
Re-insert the SD card into the camera
- Remove the SD card from the SD card reader.
- Replace the SD card in the camera by pushing it back into the SD slot until it clicks into place.
- For AI Dashcams, clip the side panel onto the camera and lock by tightening the two screws using a T6 star screwdriver.
- For road-facing cameras (model 2), replace the security cover and lock with the key.
- Keep the key or screwdriver somewhere safe, within the driver's reach.