Drivers can select privacy mode to stop transferring camera and GPS tracking data to the Fleet platform. This means that companies cannot monitor driving when privacy mode is enabled.
Companies might be obliged to share this video data with authorities if sufficient legal authorization is presented.
What happens in privacy mode?
When a vehicle is in privacy mode:
- The vehicle’s tracking unit does not send location plots and harsh driving events to the video feature in Fleet.
- Video segments are not generated for events such as harsh braking, collisions, or hard acceleration.
- You cannot request videos using the Video on Demand feature.
Is privacy mode available in all vehicles?
Privacy mode can only be enabled on a vehicle if:
- The vehicle is equipped with a privacy button on the dashboard.
- The privacy option is enabled on the account.
How to turn on privacy mode
To activate privacy mode, press and hold the vehicle’s privacy button for one second.
A red light appears on the button’s LED. The vehicle then displays a padlock icon on the Map, and the vehicle location no longer updates.
How to turn off privacy mode
How you disable privacy mode depends on the device’s configuration. You need to either:
- Press and hold the privacy button for one second until the red light goes off, or
- Turn off the ignition.