This application requires specific account options and configurations. If you are interested in the DVIR Management Application, please contact your sales account manager.
The DVIR Management solution, formerly known as Technical Defect Management Solution (TDMS), is composed of many interlocking modules and supports a browser-based mechanic portal.
New Features and Enhancements
- Improved the mechanic/supervisor user experience and flexibility over previous mechanic portal and standard mobile application.
- Improved per depot, vehicle, and driver filter functionality.
- Improved support for multiple maintenance providers at the same depot.
- Added multiple inspection defect resolution.
- Added support for operation in conjunction with standard mobile application to allow mechanic dual use.
- Added the new Embedded Mechanic Portal in Fleet for back office users.
- Improved support for critical and non-critical defect workflow.
- Added support for the new DVIR form severity feature.
- Improved support for the existing Safe to Operate and Defect Description fields and mapping
- Added support for inspection detail export from the mechanic portal.
Sign in to the Mechanic Portal as a mechanic or a supervisor to view and update defects reported from DVIRs. You can also export an inspection details CSV file directly from the portal.
External - Mechanics can sign to an external Mechanic Portal page. Once user credentials are verified, you are taken to the main Mechanic Portal page.
The main Mechanic Portal contains the following features and functionality:
- Depot - A dropdown list of Depots available based on user’s permission.
- Vehicle - A dropdown list of vehicles available to the user based on depot selection
- Driver - A dropdown list of drivers available to the user based on depot selection
- Stage - A dropdown list with grouping of inspection statuses.
- All - All inspection statuses
- Open - Awaiting Mechanic, Partial, Seen By Mechanic**
- Closed - Seen By Mechanic, Seen By Mechanic*, Approved
- Begin Date - A date picker input field. Clicking on the field opens an interactive calendar in a small overlay. Default value on login is 30 days prior
- End Date - A date picker input field. Clicking on the field opens an interactive calendar in a small overlay. Default value on login is current day
- Refresh Button:
- Refresh - Clicking the button refreshes the list of forms. This lets you see forms that have been added after you opened or last refreshed the screen.
Inspection List Columns
The inspection list includes the following columns:
- Safe To Operate (STO)
- Vehicle is safe to operate. This is depicted by a green check mark. Indicates an item was marked failed, but is not a defect that needs to be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Vehicle is not safe to operate. This is depicted by a red exclamation mark. The defect must be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Inspection - The unique ID of the inspection by the driver. The Inspection field is a clickable link that opens a list of defects for the selected inspection.
- Vehicle - The vehicle or asset the driver was assigned to at the time the inspection was submitted.
- Driver - The name of the driver that submitted the inspection.
- Type - The type of DVIR submitted.
- Status - The status of the inspection. Available statuses:
- Awaiting Mechanic - Defects awaiting mechanic action.
- Partial - Only some defects have been fixed. Requires additional mechanic action.
- Seen By Mechanic - Inspection has been closed by mechanic.
- Approved - Form has been closed / approved by a driver.
- Seen By Mechanic* - Pending closure in the Verizon Connect Platform.
- Seen By Mechanic** - An Error occurred closing inspection in the Verizon Connect Platform.
- Submitted - Date/time DVIR submitted by driver.
- Failed - Count of failed items within the inspection.
- Fixed - Count of fixed items within the inspection.
- Approved - Count of passed items within the inspection.
Defect Dialog Columns
The Edit Inspection dialog opens when you click an Inspection ID from the inspection list. This dialog box includes the following columns:
- Safe To Operate (STO)
- Vehicle is safe to operate. This is depicted by a green check mark. The Indicated item above is marked failed but is not a defect that needs to be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Vehicle is not safe to operate. This is depicted by a red exclamation mark. Defect must be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Name - Defect name from DVIR form template.
- Driver Comment - Comment submitted by driver for a given defect.
- Status - If status is "Failed", the user is allowed to select from a drop down list. Available defect statuses:
- Fixed - Defect has been fixed.
- Pending - Defect has been seen by mechanic but will be fixed at a later time.
- Canceled - Mechanic has determined a failed item does not require a fix.
- Fixed Time - The date/time when mechanic confirms fixing the defect.
- Fixed By - The username of a mechanic that fixes the defect.
- Mechanic Comment - Comment added by mechanic after fixing defect and clicking on defect.
- Approved Time - The time when the driver closes the form inspection.
- Approved By - The username of the driver that closes the form inspection.
Defect Status Selection
Once all defects have been fixed, a confirmation box displays and allows the user to confirm inspection is ready for driver approval.
If the fixed defect(s) are the same across multiple inspections for the same vehicle, each inspection is updated for driver review.
If failed defects are left to be fixed, the inspection status is left in “Partial” status. The remaining failed defects need to be fixed in order to submit the inspection for driver approval.
Once inspection is submitted by a mechanic, it’s placed in a temporary status “Seen By Mechanic*”. This indicates the inspection update is pending in the Verizon Connect Platform. Once completed, the inspection status changes to "Seen By Mechanic".
If an error occurs closing the inspection in the Verizon Connect Platform, the status of the inspection updates to “Seen By Mechanic**”. A warning button shows an error message on mouseover. If an inspection is in this state, contact an administrator. Once the issue is corrected, a user must re-submit the inspection.
Mechanic Portal Column Functionality
Columns can be sorted in ascending and descending order, and hidden or enabled.
Export from Mechanic Portal - Export records based on selected inspection filters: