You can search cameras for videos that do not appear in the Video List. If the video is still on the camera's SD card, you can download a 40-second video.
You can request videos only if the footage is on the SD card. Depending on the card’s capacity, SD cards hold at least 22 hours of footage (or "driving time") which is then recorded over as usage continues.
Before you begin
The camera must be online before you search for videos. Make sure that:
- The ignition is on and the vehicle has been moving for at least 2 mins.
- The camera has booted up and the lights are showing solid blue and green. This indicates that the camera is online and ready to receive video requests from Fleet.
- If you see a different light sequence, troubleshoot the camera indicator lights.
Find videos on the SD card
To request a video, follow these steps:
- Use the Integrated Video app, your mobile device or desktop computer to open the Video List page, and select GET VIDEO.
- Select the vehicle. If the camera status is "online", you can search for videos. If the camera status is "offline", you cannot continue your search.
Select the date and the time of the incident. A message confirms the time and date of the earliest available recording.
- Click NEXT. The video timeline is displayed.
- Drag the selector along the timeline to when you think the incident occurred and click PREVIEW VIDEO.
- To watch the clip, click the preview button.
Click and drag the highlighted footage to change the time range of the video that you want to get from the SD card.
It can take about 30 seconds for the snapshots to load.
- When you have chosen a time range, click GET VIDEO.
A message confirms that the video is on the way.
- In the confirmation message, choose BACK TO VIDEO LIST to return to the Video List, or choose REQUEST ANOTHER VIDEO to remain in the timeline and request another video.
- When the video is ready to watch, you will receive an email notification, a desktop alert, or a push notification to your mobile device.
Click the notification to watch the video to go to the Video List. The requested video is added to the Video List with the Requested tag.
Videos are deleted from Fleet after 90 days. You can request older videos within a certain time period, which depends on your data retention plan and location.
Can’t find videos on the SD card?
If you still can’t find the video you want, consider whether any of the following apply:
The camera may have been damaged during a collision.
A driver may have selected privacy mode to stop sharing camera and GPS tracking data with Fleet.
The SD card may be corrupted and need reformatting.
The SD card may have overwritten the footage, Depending on the card’s capacity, SD cards hold around 22 hours of footage (or ‘driving time’) which is then recorded over as usage continues.
If you suspect a collision has occurred and a video was not triggered in Fleet, download footage from your SD card as soon as possible.
Please sign in to leave a comment.