Since July 1, 2022, the Trips mobile app is end-of-life (EOL) and you can no longer access the app and the report described in this article.
Trip Details reports provide detailed information about all of the trips performed by drivers and vehicles in your fleet, and the trip type and purpose over a specified time frame. There are two types of Trip Details reports:
- Trip Classifications by Driver: Detailed information about the trips completed by drivers in your fleet.
- Trip Classifications by Vehicle: Detailed information about the trips completed by vehicles in your fleet.
Each row of these trip reports describes a trip. A trip is the time spent from the point when a vehicle departs its last location until it departs the next location. An exception to this is when a stopped vehicle is turned on then off again without moving: this is counted as a trip from the point when the vehicle’s ignition is turned on.
Each report is divided into sections for each vehicle or driver. The top of each section lists summary statistics for the columns below it, including:
- The fleet and period that the report covers
- The name of the driver or vehicle that the report describes
- The number of "Business", "Personal" and "Unclassified" trips recorded for the driver or vehicle over the report period
- The summed distances driven for each of the three trip classification types, and the percentage each represents of the total driving distance over the report period for that driver or vehicle
- The total number of trips carried out by the vehicle or driver over the report period, and the summed distance driven in miles or kilometers
The options specific to Detailed Trip reports that you can set are as follows:
- Time Frame: The days covered by the report.
- Show empty nodes: Select this option to include empty hierarchy nodes, which do not contain any vehicles, in the report.
- Vehicle, Driver - Which vehicles or drivers that should be shown in the report.
The columns of a detailed trip report are as follows:
- Trip ID: The unique ID of the trip carried out by the driver or vehicle.
- Vehicle/Driver: The name of the vehicle or driver who was used to carry out the trip.
- License Plate: The license plate number of the vehicle used to perform the trip. Trip Classifications by Driver reports only.
- Trip Classification: The classification of the trip, as specified in the Trips app. "Business", "Personal", or "Unclassified".
- Trip Purpose: For trips that have been classified as "Business", any text that the driver of the vehicle has provided to describe the purpose of this trip.
- Start Date/Time: The date and time the trip started.
- Start Location: The closest street address to the location at which the trip began.
- End Date/Time: The date and time the trip ended.
- End Location: The closest street address to the location at which the trip ended.
- Trip Duration: The duration of the trip in hours, minutes and seconds.
- Distance: The distance the vehicle drove during this trip in miles or kilometers.
- Start Odometer: The odometer reading on the vehicle when the trip started, in miles or kilometers.
- End Odometer: The odometer reading on the vehicle when the trip ended, in miles or kilometers.