Use the following information to install, set up, and start navigating with the mobile app Navigation by Verizon Connect.
- You need a username and password to use Navigation. If you don’t have them, contact your supervisor.
- The maps used in Navigation can be saved to your device so that you can get directions even when you are offline. Because the map data sets are large, you’ll need to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network to complete the download. Depending on your connection speed and the number of data sets required, the download process can take anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours to complete. A Wi-Fi connection is not required when you use offboard maps.
Installing the App
- On Android devices, find and install the app from the Google Play store.
- On iOS devices, find and install the app from the Apple App store.
- Open the Navigation app on your device.
- On the Sign-in page, type your username and password.
- Tap Sign In.
Downloading Map Data (Optional)
If you want to use onboard maps, so that you can get directions even when you are offline, you need to download the map data for your region along with any supporting data for road network, junction views and signage (USA regions) and cities and borders (world regions).
- Tap to dismiss the map data download message.If you are on the main Navigation page, tap the Menu icon > Map Data.
- On the All Maps tab, find the map data you need in the list.
- To download the data, tap the Download icon for each data set you need. Depending on your location and vehicles you may need more than one data set. For example, for large trucks based in Virginia, be sure to download the USA East, USA Enhanced (contains truck data), and USA Signage.
Set preferences that control Navigation mobile app behavior and display from the Settings page. For example, you can specify how the app generates routes when you ask for directions and the units of measure to use when reporting values (miles or kilometers) along with other options.
- Tap the Menu icon > Settings to see the available settings categories.
- Tap a category to set options within that category.
Make sure that the vehicle type (under Vehicle Settings) is set correctly, to avoid getting directions for the wrong type of vehicle; for example, getting directions for a car when you are driving a heavy-duty truck. You might not have permission to change your vehicle type.
Any changes you make are automatically saved. To get information about the options, tap the Menu icon > Help. Then, tap Configuring Settings.
Viewing the Map
To open the map tap the Menu icon > Map. Depending on your device, the map might look slightly different from the image below. Use the legend to learn the icons displayed within the app.
Navigating to an Address
- Tap Navigate to... at the top of the map page, then type the address in the Search field. As you type, possible matches are listed.
- After the address shows up in the list, tap it to see it on the map.
- Tap the Route icon to generate a route from where you are to your destination.
- On the Route Overview page. you can either tap the List icon to see a list of directions or tap the Navigation icon to get turn-by-turn directions.
If you have any feedback about a location on the road, tap the Flag icon to mark the location. When you have a driving break, you can enter feedback details by tapping the Menu icon > Feedback > Marked Locations. Then, select the location to enter and submit your feedback.
If your company uses WorkPlan, you can also navigate using the WorkPlan Jobs list. For details, tap the Menu icon > Help. Then, tap WorkPlan.
Navigating to an Address
For additional instructions and tips on using the Navigation mobile app, see the following resources:
- Navigation Quick Reference Guide - General
- Navigation Quick Reference Guide - WorkPlan
- Help for Navigation by Verizon Connect
If you need help while you are using the mobile app, tap the Menu icon > Help.