Once you have configured a WorkPlan mobile user account you can specify the days and times that the subuser account is permitted to access the Verizon Connect® WorkPlan™ application. For example, you might want an account to access the mobile application only during designated shift hours or during weekdays, or want to prevent an account from viewing upcoming job assignments until they have been finalized. This configuration task is performed from the User Access Windows screen.
Verizon Connect® WorkPlan™ includes support for two methods of controlling subuser access to Verizon Connect® WorkPlan™. Both methods govern the days of the week, and the time of day, that a given account can access the mobile application. The User Access Windows screen described on this page is the newer and preferred means of configuring access.
The second, and older, legacy system allows access restrictions to be configured from the Details tab of the Edit user dialog box. This dialog box is accessible either from the Subusers page (Tasks section of the navigation bar > Subusers) or from the Hierarchy interface in the platform interface.
Only one of these two methods can be used at any one time. In accounts that have been configured to use the newer User Access Windows screen, the legacy access control system is not available.
To configure an access window specifying when a subuser is permitted to access WorkPlan (and therefore its components, such as Verizon Connect® Navigation™, Verizon Connect® Coach™, Mobile Forms, or Driver Status):
- From the Tasks section of the navigation bar choose User Access Windows. The User Access Windows screen opens
The User Access Windows displays all available subuser accounts in a table:
The four columns of data that are shown in this screen are:
- Name: This is the name of each subuser account.
- Start: This is the time of day that the configured access window, if any, begins. For example, if a subuser access window has been configured for 8 hours from 9 AM, this column lists the time of 9 AM.
- Duration: This is the duration following the Start time that the subuser is allowed to access WorkPlan in hours and minutes, incrementing in 30 minute blocks from 30 minutes up to a maximum of 16 hours.
- Scheduled Access Windows: This column displays the Access Window Timeline bar, a graphical representation of the time windows that the subuser is permitted to access WorkPlan within. Each subuser in your account is represented by one of six colors. In the examples below, blue and green bars are shown. The colored bar in this column represents a single 24-hour period beginning at 12 AM:
A darker overlay over this bar represents the time window component of that 24-hour window during which the subuser account is permitted to sign in to the application. For example, for a 12 hour shift beginning at 12 AM (that is, the first half of the day) the bar might appear as follows:
An 8 hour shift beginning at 9 AM might appear as follows (the middle third of the day):
To use the column picker menu to save your preferred grid order, click any header drop-down arrow, then select the Save Visible Columns, Save Sort Order, or Save Column Order check boxes, or any combination of these. When you next sign in, the layout you choose is retained.
- Choose a day or date that you want to create the user access window on. Click a Quick Access Day button, or use the Calendar Control to select a date, or type a date into the calendar field:
- Locate the subuser account in the table.
If the list of subuser accounts is long and extends across several pages, you can move between pages with the Previous Page and Next Page buttons in the lower left corner of the screen, or enter a page number to go directly to that page. You can also use filter fields in the upper right corner of the screen to filter on a subuser name, a start time, or an access window duration (hours and minutes). Begin typing a subuser name, or a window time or duration into the Subuser Filter field. As you type, the table is filtered to include only items that match your search term:
To clear the filter, click Clear . To search for subuser accounts within a specific fleet or team, click the Fleet and Team Filter in the upper right corner to open a filter window, then enter all or part of a fleet or team name in the Search field. You can also click a node in the tree menu to select a fleet or team:
- Click in the Start column of a subuser account's row then click the down arrow to open the drop-down menu. Select a time that the access window will open:
- Click in the Duration column of a subuser account's row then click the down arrow to open the drop-down menu. Select a duration that the access window will be open.
Durations are provided in 30 minute increments from a minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 16 hours:
A small red triangle is displayed in the upper left corner of any Start or Duration table cell that has unsaved changes.
As soon as you have selected a start time and duration, an Access Window Timeline bar is displayed in the Scheduled Access Windows column. Its appearance varies according to the start time and duration you selected:
To add additional access windows to a subuser's account, click Add to insert a new row, then repeat steps 3 to 5 above for the new row. To remove an access window, click Delete :